Telehealth Funding Options
Don Medical Clinic will endeavour to meet both acute and chronic needs of their patient community. We offer a high quality of chronic disease management through our Keep Well Clinic. Currently most general consultations will be managed by "Telehealth". This will be by video conferencing or by telephone if video is not available. If a GP needs to then see a patient physically in the practice, this will be arranged at a suitable time to ensure social distancing and minimal risk for all parties concerned.
There are three options for funding a telehealth consult
Those patients who are registered under health care homes will be able to have their needs met both in the acute and chronic setting utilisting their health care home funds.
This will allow consultations by the doctor, nurse and medical practice assistant to continue.
From March 30, 2020, the Australian Government has opened up Medicare funded GP telehealth consultations to all people with a valid medicare card. These consultations currently will be Bulk Billed directly to medicare with no out of pocket expense to the patient.
Consultations covered by this include:
- All general attendance consultations (time based) similar to when you currently visit teh GP face to face.
- General Practice Management plans and reviews (for patients with ongojng chronic disease)
- Team care arrangements and reviews (Patients with chronic conditions who may require Medicare subsidised Allied health consultations as part of their disease management)
- GP Meantal health Treatment Plans (and reviews) (Patients who may require access to services such as Psychology consultations)
- Annual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander annual Health assessments.
- there are some additional, less frequently used items as well
There may be other items added as time goes on.
Many Allied health services also now have access to telehealth items to allow ongoing care. (eg Psychology, Dietician, Physiotherapy to name a few)
- These are time based appointments and are NOT rebatable to Medicare*
- These will be for items not currenly covered by the above list and are not common items used currenlty
*Please notes: The fees are equivalent to our normal concession fee charges for face to face consultations